02.01.2011

My Momma Told Me ...

(Van Morrison - Days Like This)

... that I shouldn't wear Converse Chucks in winter. But I still did today and it felt great. Well ... I think it was just because I only walked from the house to my car and from my car to another house, which I left some hours later ... but I only had to walk to the car again and ... I guess you know how this story continues. To sum it all up: If I had to walk through the forest or even the town (which is full of snow as well) I guess I would have had to make a veeeeeery long foot bath after all. Another reason for this foolish, childish act (not as if there hadn't been one winter without wearing chucks at least once!) is that I still only have ONE good looking pair of winter shoes and another one which is more kind of a 'i wear you only if it's really necessary to keep my feet dry and warm'-pair of shoes. I think this is the BEST opportunity to use the sale-offers which are everywhere at the moment. Mmhh ... okay, I think I digress.
What I actually wanted to say is, that most of the time (doesn't matter if we want it or not) parents (especially mothers!) are right if they give us millions of pieces of advices we don't even want. But there is hope ... I have heard of cases, when parents were wrong, when they didn't know what's best for their child and can be happy, that children sometimes can also think for their own.
How this absurd idea went to my head?
I've watched this really, really, really great movie 'Because I Said So' nearly twice in 24 hours. Although I saw it about 3 or 4 times on dvd I still had to watch it, when it came on tv yesterday ... and today again ;D
Everytime I see it, it makes me want to cook - strangely xD
If you've already seen the movie, you should know what I'm talking about - and if not, you should watch it!




I can only repeat myself: this movie is just funny and cute and awesome and did I mention funny? I guess the best way to watch it is with a delicious bottle of wine and - of course - your mom :D
Besides the soundtrack is also just amazing. I think some of the songs will be in following posts.
Oh, and yeah ... I love Mandy Moore in this role!

Peace :D

Keine Kommentare: